G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On the buses...





You will all be relieved to hear that we did successfully manage to drag ourselves out of bed this morning and make it to school on time - in fact I was back home again just after 8.30am. Today was also the day that the children used the bus for the first time - for the journey home.

I think on the whole it was fairly successful - if you ignore the panic attack I had waiting at the bus stop to meet them. The bus was soooooo much later than I had anticipated and the children had been told to text me to let me know they were on it and all was well. But they didn't. So I phoned and they didn't answer. And I waited. And waited. And waited. School buses came and went - including one that had St Lukes children on. No sign of them. Then I asked the driver of another bus when the 789 was coming, and he told me it didn't stop at our stop. And then, just when I thought I could stand it no longer and would have to start my emergency plan (whatever that was), the bus turned up. The children were nonchalant. Just wait till they are parents....

As you will have noticed, I took a few pictures of the local pelicans this morning on the sandbar opposite our house. They were quite a long way off, so it is difficult to give you a sense of the size of them, but they are enormous. When in flight they resemble a light aircraft, flying disconcertingly low over your house. They look like they have no business being in the air.

Much to my disappointment I didn't manage to meet up with Andrew for lunch. His flight was severely delayed and eventually he was put on a plane to go direct from Brisbane to Dubai, which was what he had wanted to do in the first place. This meant that I had a quiet day at home making the house all gleamy clean and lovely. It looks great and I have made a pact with myself not to go all psycho when the children mess it up. Watch this space.

And just to amuse myself, I have added George Clooney to my Skype list. I feel sure he is going to accept me onto his list and we will become great friends, before he realises that I am all he wants and that the reason he has never got hitched is that he has been waiting for a slightly flabby, housewife and mother to come along. What would he want with young starlets and models when he could have my scintillating stories of laundry, school runs and floor washing? I do wonder how many thousands of saddos add him to their list everyday. Of course, I am not one of those saddos.....no, really...I'm not....

No comments: