G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Another perfect day



I'm afraid it was hot today. Proper summer in England hot. And it's winter. Hurrah! I was beginning to think that the stories of summer all year round in Sydney was a myth propagated by the Australian government to attract unsuspecting Europeans to their shores.

Andrew and I slept with the curtains open, so that the first thing we saw when we opened our eyes was a view of the lagoon, still as a mirror, not a ripple in it. Beautiful. It's interesting how much the lagoon changes from day to day. On windy days it is quite choppy and all the windsurfers come out. One day last week we even saw a kite surfer out there. On calm days like today, the surface of the water is only broken by kayaks passing by and the odd tinnie.

After a visit to the physiotherapist, where my rubbish sacroilliac joint was manipulated and I was given pretty excrutiating massage (which actually has made it all feel much better), we came home and went for a bike ride around the lagoon, as far as the concrete cycle track goes. It was lovely. I spied a lovely and unusual (well - to me!) water bird and was so pleased I had remembered to take the camera. Wasn't quite so pleased when I discovered that I had failed to take the memory card - AGAIN. Never mind. Hopefully we shall see the bird again.

The rest of the day was taken up with the children playing with the locals and taking George and Anna for their swimming lesson, which we achieved without too much fuss.

Here's hoping tomorrow is as good....

2 comments:

Lawse x said...

Hey, Saw your comment re commenting so that i'd say hello - have a nosey at your blog regularly just don't normally comment!

Glad everythings going well for you all though - and that the weather is improving and living up to hopes/expectations a bit more now :)

Have a brill Summer,

Laura :)

The Pettifers said...

Thanks Lawse - I often read your comments on Lewis's blog and I know you are very supportive to my brother and his family, so thanks for your interest in both our adventures in Aussie Land and in Lew.

Hope you have a brill summer - it's winter here!

Wendy