G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fun, fun, fun...





It was a lovely weekend. The weather was glorious and we finally got out in the kayak. Well, when I say 'we', I mainly mean Anna, while the rest of us watched or fished, but it was fun anyway. Anna had her friend Keana over and they went out in it together, managed to tip it over and get very hysterical. Anna swam to shore, and Keana floated about on the upturned kayak until someone came past in a tinnie and helped her back. Most of the lagoon is very shallow, so they were never in any danger, but I suppose it was a bit of a shock.

There has been lots of fishing too, although not a lot of fish have been caught. We finally put my beautiful daybed out on the balcony, and spent a lot of the weekend sitting in the sun reading my book. Very relaxing, I must say.

There was a little bit of a tragedy though. I'm sure you will remember the pair of white ducks who come into the garden to be fed and occasionally make an ill considered foray into the Woollies car park? Well, they had become a permanent fixture on the lagoon at the back of the house, likely to come when called, and keen to get into the house. They were clearly a breeding pair and we were looking forward to having some fluffy ducklings in September. Until we came back from the shops on Sunday and found one of them floating dead in the shallow water. I felt so sad, and didn't want Anna to be upset, so I picked him (or her...not really sure...) up and moved him along the beach. The other duck kept going to look at him and quacking. Very sad. So I told Anna about it yesterday. She cried a little bit and asked me to show her where I had put him, which I did. Before I knew it, all the local children were knocking on the door, asking if I would take them to see the dead duck. I could have sold tickets. Children are...odd.





Recently Andrew and I have become a little fed up with the behaviour of our offspring (one of our offspring in particular...) and so we have just adopted a draconian set of rules to try to reinstate some order in our lives. We now have behaviour charts which can either reward or punish. As a result, the children are our slaves. They are literally arguing over who will do the next extravagantly helpful thing.

I give it till the end of the week....

No comments: