G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Monday, August 27, 2007

Catching Up....



Sophie, Anna, Milly and Georgie on the beach on Sunday. Georgie, Milly and Sophie are all sisters and live across the road.




The far end of the lagoon, nearest the beach.




Anna on the sandbank in the lagoon after school (and Gravity Youth) this afternoon. The sun sets at about 5pm - it is winter after all!




Anna again this afternoon.




Georgie kayaking out to Anna on the sandbank this afternoon.


It's been a busy time and I've got lots to tell you!

First things first - the Athletics Carnival went ahead on Friday, despite the fact that it was drizzling with rain. All the children compete in the 100m and 200m, and George and Anna did their best. George did in fact come fourth in his 100m race, which meant that he earnt points for his house (Chisholm), but as he pointed out - there were only 5 people in the heat! Anna really pushed herself by doing the non compulsory 800m and then competed in the Jumbo Javelin and the Shot Putt. George also did the long jump and although neither of them won their events, I was very pleased with them for taking part and having fun. I know I said I was going to take photos and put them on here and I did take the camera, but the usual story - no memory card. Oops.

Then it was off home to make myself beautiful for my trip into the city to meet up with my good friend from home, Caroline. Caroline works for BA and was in town for the evening. Obviously I was very excited to be seeing her, and to get all the news from home!

As George was at a sleepover, I took Anna into the city with me so she could see Caroline too. It took less than an hour to get from my house to Caroline's hotel by Circular Quay which has inspired me to think that I should venture over there more often. We went on the Jetcat, which gets you from Manly to the city in 15mins. It's rather an exciting ride too, if you can ignore all of Anna's predictions of doom! Certainly the city scape as you turn in through the Heads and see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge lit up in front of you is spectacular. Andrew came over after work and then took Anna out for dinner in China Town (Anna lurves chinese food), whilst Caroline and I had a few drinks and then went to a Japanese restaurant on Circular Quay. Unfortunately, Caroline was not able to furnish me with much in the way of gossip (well not anything I'm putting on here anyway - hehehehehehe) - she said there is no gossip in Milford anymore now Andrew and I don't live there. Now, we do know that Andrew and I were a rich vein of gasp inducing chit chat but really - you'd have thought someone else would have taken up the mantle in our absence!

I didn't get home until just before 1am, which is the latest I've been out since I got here. This meant that on Saturday I felt rather jaded and got up late - which was a pity as it was a glorious day. Anna spent most of the weekend in the lagoon, swimming, kayaking and screaming with her friends from across the road. We went to the beach as well, and the good weather has continued today with temperatures reaching 27 degrees. This is the equivalent month to February in the UK. Good eh? After school this evening Anna was in there again, playing on the sandbank. Haven't been able to persuade George in there as yet, but I'm working on it!

And so much to look forward to this week - my dad arrives on Friday!!

3 comments:

Kathryn Herrmann said...

Wow! to the photos. Our school holidays are over...

floyddog said...

Hi
Loved your article in LOSDU, I clearly remember the r2d2 incident and recall it went too far with c3po, also same assembly with fake Austria notices for Mrs Rogers...just to hear her say OOstria!
I am now a teacher and just wish the kids would have the same kind of innocent fun rather than what they get up to know!!
anyway
thanks for the memory
have fun down under ( i have been here since 1992
Andrea Cameron
nee nicholls ( 1982-89)

The Pettifers said...

Hi Andrea

Thanks!

Could have sworn that r2d2 was prior to '82 - perhaps he was caught out twice.

Other favourites were the piARno and of course the 'magnificent organ' at the back of the hall.

Happy days..

Andrew