G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Monday, August 6, 2007

Bank Holiday?



Today is a Bank Holiday. Andrew and I were really looking forward to this. Unfortunately, in this country, Bank Holiday is exactly what it says on the box. A holiday for banks. And no one else. I had plans. They did not include doing the school run and lots of ironing. Devastated of Narrabeen.

However, the day was not a complete waste. The sun shone, a man came and fixed my internet connection (hurrah) and I rearranged the furniture in George's bedroom. What an exciting life I lead.

So - George said he wanted to do basketball, but then failed to fill in the application form at school. I went to see the head of the junior school, and told him how much George wanted to do it, and how keen Andrew and I were for him to be involved. Mr Staples said he would do what he could. Today he caught me at the school gate and said that they had managed to make a space for George in one of the teams and could I take him to practise tomorrow. Hurray! At 7.30am. Oh. Shit. I know I've said it before but I am utterly mystified by this early morning stuff. Not only because I don't like early mornings, but I mean really - I can't be the only mum wondering now what I am going to do with my other child between 7.30am and 8.45am when school starts. Andrew gets the bus just after 7am. And I am already getting up at 6.30am to get them to school at 8.30am. Does this mean that I have to get up at 5.30am??

Gutted...

No comments: