G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Failed again....


Once again I failed to put the memory card back in the camera. This is particularly irritating because we went to Palm Beach (aka Summer Bay) and there were photo opportunities. However, as George's new school friend Jack lives there I'm sure we will be back.


Palm Beach is the sort of place that you read about and look at photos of in a glossy magazine. Multi million dollar houses hang off the cliffs there with views of the beaches and the pacific you would die for. Cute little coffee shops and expensive boutiques abound. The sun shines. All is good with the world.


It takes a while to realise that you actually live in a place like this. Well, I suppose we don't live in Palm Beach, but it is only 20 mins drive from where the Narrabeen house is. But we are still very much in the stage of feeling like we are on holiday - because our experience is that these sort of places are only where you go when you are on your holidays. Imagine having access to all this beauty every single day of the year......I hope it takes a long while to wear off. I think it will - I could still look at the view in Milford as you entered the village along the cliff top road and congratulate myself on living somewhere so wonderful when we left. I think that when a place loses its magic perhaps it is time to move on.


A good thing that happened today was that I discovered that there is a huge secondhand book store about 5 mins walk from the house in Narrabeen. Books here are very expensive - paperbacks are about $28 - about £12, and you don't tend to get them at supermarkets and places like that. So finding this shop is very welcome. I know I will spend hours in there.


We also fitted the children out thoroughly with everything needed for a day on the beach boogie boarding. The day on the beach will be tomorrow, so I'll report back then. I'm expecting it to be stressful, in a constantly having to save their lives sort of way. Andrew will get frustrated with me and tell me I am being a ridiculous, anxious mother of the worst sort and I will go and hide in the loos. Just a normal day on the beach.


In the absence of any photos taken today, I give you a picture I found on the net of the sun rising over Narrabeen lagoon. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Lawse x said...

Hi

I've been reading your blog for ages now so thought i should comment.

I found the link on Lewis' blog..and being someone who loves to travel, and often considers living abroad, i have been reading about your move and lives with interest.

Just thought i should say 'good day', and well..all the best with everything!

Laura

The Pettifers said...

Hi Laura!

Thanks for your comment. I kind of feel I know you through your comments on Lewis's blog!

It's good to know that people are reading what you are writing, but it's much more important to me that people are keeping up with Lew and giving my brother and his family their support, so thank you so much for that.

Wendy