G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Finding your rhythm....



James and Lewis - Lewis is in hospital at the moment suffering from pneumonia. We are all sending him hugs and kisses, as I am sure you are!

God - I really am behind with this aren't I? I imagine all the regular readers have given up on me, but fear not! I am just struggling to get back into the swing of things following our trip to the UK, then my trip to Magnetic Island with Beth, then two weeks of doing touristy things (mainly shopping!) with Beth, then a week of everyone being ill. I'm hoping this will be just be a normal week of school runs, work and the gym, and that I will manage to get the house back in order (I can't even begin to describe the state of my house at the moment, but suffice to say that there is an ironing pile that would challenge even the most dedicated mountaineer, and the mess.....well. It's just shameful really).

Also events at home have been preoccupying me. As I've said before, when people you love are suffering, it really brings home how far away we are. But also it proves to me that it is possible to be a family and be thousands of miles apart. Love travels well.

So - how am I going to catch up? Well I wanted to make sure I put some pics of the children and their friends in Milford on here, so I'll do that. Then I'll tell you all about Beth's visit (which was soooo much fun!), then I'll move onto the usual comments on Aussie life and our more recent adventures. Then I absolutely promise - normal service will be resumed.

Enjoy!



Anna and George with the lovely Bray boys, Henry and George




Anna and George with the Bray boys and the Bray girls - Zara, Lizzie and Martha in the pram!




Anna and George with Abby and Olly, who came to Center Parcs with us




Anna and Jamie




George and all the Milford Boys! We couldn't get over how much their hair had grown! From left to right - Conor, Thomas, Oliver, Colm, George, Joe and Piers. They are all wearing the australian t shirts we brought over for them.



George and Colm. We made Colm bend down a bit so that George didn't look like a midget!


Anna and all her BFFs - Nancy, Rosalind,Anna, Jessica, Lauren and Megan. Ellie and Gigi couldn't make it.




Three very blue eyed girls - Phoebe, Anna and Ophelia.

5 comments:

amberstraeten said...

Hi!

Just came by accident on your site. Lovely pictures! You have some really nice looking kids. They seem to be exactly the same height are they twins?

regards!
Amber

The Pettifers said...

Hello! Thanks for looking at our site. George and Anna are not twins, although you are right, they are pretty much the same height! George is 2 years older than Anna, but for 10 she is really rather tall, and George is on the small side!

Wendy

Lucy said...

Blimey those Bray boys look like Jodie! I can remember when she looked just like that, when you two were friends.

Will hopefully see James, Lewis and Samuel Thurs again this week. Will keep the flag flying don't worry xxx

amberstraeten said...

That's similar as with us! My daughter is 7 and my son 9, but my daughter is the taller one.

Lawse x said...

ahh, poor lew.... was aware his site hadnt been updated in a while!

great pix, enjoy reading your blog regularly!