G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm


It's still raining, and the New South Wales coastline is awaiting a cyclone this evening. We are told there will be 125kph winds and even more rain. So much for the drought. Apart from being concerned about a forthcoming cyclone anyway, I was very anxious about this as George is off on school camp tomorrow morning and I wondered what the driving conditions would be like for the coach.


However, on closer inspection of the letter about camp, it turns out that they go on Thursday. As I was planning on sending Andrew with George to get him to the school gates by 6.15am tomorrow, it's rather a good job that I looked.


All this meant that I didn't need to rush out and buy thermal vests for him today (they are going to Bathurst which currently has snow forecast), and can save that pleasure as a project for tomorrow. And I was able to redeem myself as a parent by doing a huge pile of ironing and making a batch of chicken dipping balls for the children's lunchboxes - Annabel Karmel, eat your heart out.


I'm not sure I should have eaten eight of them, to be fair, but there have to be some perks for the chef. And my pennance is that now I feel slightly nauseous.
Hopefully we will all still be here tomorrow so that I can report on the wild weather. Although I fully expect to be without power again as we seem to lose it at least a couple of times a week at the moment.....
And please - no messages telling me about the lovely weather you are experiencing in the UK at the moment!




3 comments:

greedy gut said...

The weather's lovely in the UK at the moment, shame you're having such a dire time... (snigger)
Mwoa!

Lucy said...

Never fear, it has pissed it down here since the middle of last week. Glastonbury will no doubt be a mudbath even before we get there!

L xxx

The Pettifers said...

Who is greedy gut? It's so intriguing