G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I told you I was ill....


Yesterday wasn't as bad a day as it might have been. I woke up in the morning still with my cold having coughed all night (did I mention I have a cold?....lol). George woke up still with his very sore throat, looking like death and running a temperature. We didn't get up till lunchtime....


Finally I took pity on Anna, dragged myself out of bed and took her to Warringah Mall. Earlier in the week I had had a pedicure at 'American Nails' (which would more accurately be described as Chinese Nails, as everyone working there was chinese) and Anna had been very impressed. Actually I was very impressed....as a girl from Milford on Sea, I had not seen a nail salon with black leather massage chairs in rows with built in foot spas and someone tending to each foot! And all for $35 - about £15! Very nice way to while away 45 minutes! Anna wanted some girl time, so I negotiated a special rate for a small girl to have both a manicure and pedicure. Hopefully I won't have set a precedent, but Anna loved it, and looked so sweet trying to be all grown up on those big chairs.


After that we nipped round to the pet shop to have our regular look at the puppies (yes pet shops here sell puppies, but they won't be selling any to me...). Every time we visit the Mall we have to go there and 'choose' a puppy and name it. I chose a Jack Russell/Maltese cross and called it Buddy, athough Anna wanted to call it Finbar. I have to admit it was extremely cute but we're not in a position to buy dogs at the moment, and when we are I'm not getting one from a pet shop....


Next we had to buy all the stationary for school. This was a pretty big job and I haven't finished yet. Here, even if you are going to state school you provide all your own stationary as I understand it. St Lukes has a complex list and I wandered around Big W trying to identify all the various bits and worrying that I might get the wrong things and the children would be scarred for life! Anna quite enjoyed all this - she is really getting into the whole starting a new school thing...In later years at school you also have to buy all the text books! Better start saving now.


Today, the forecast was good so obviously it rained for most of the day, so our intended trip to the beach was out. Instead we went up to Narrabeen, showed Andrew the house we are trying to get (luckily he liked it as much as we did, and he didn't even get to go inside) and then did some exploring. From the house we will be able to walk to the bus stop and get the school bus to school, get the bus to the city, walk to the most wonderful beach, walk to a supermarket and just about any other type of shop you could imagine, or drive our boat to any of them. How cool is that? If we don't get this house I will be V Disappointed. There are lots of lovely cafes, bars and restaurants too, either with a beach or a lagoon view.


This evening - great excitement - we had a guest for supper! Xin, who used to work for Gifford in Manchester has recently moved to Sydney herself, and she joined us for the evening. Everyone had a lovely time, despite the thunder, lightning and torrential rain, and Xin even played a couple of games on the Playstation with the children. So now we potentially have 3 guests for our housewarming party - Paul, Lydia and Xin...Lol.


Now need to mention - happy birthday to Louise who is the Big Four O today, and apparently had a bit of a bash last night. Hope everyone had a great time, and sorry we weren't able to make it on this occasion! Obviously I'm expecting 100% attendance from all our friends at my own fortieth next year!


No comments: