G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Floating Winnebago



Dawn at Refuge Bay (isn't that stunning?)



The waterfall at Refuge Bay



Our home for the weekend - the Lady Madonna



A very friendly Kookaburra

The visitation from the In Laws is going exceptionally well. No matter how much you love your family, only the saintly would not approach the idea of them coming to stay with you for a month with a little trepidation. Everyone here has a story about the Bad Guests, who after a couple of weeks they would have happily throttled. Good friends who wouldn't pay their way, family who wouldn't help, and then the just plain annoying.

Our visit from Grace and Bob is an enjoyable one, however. It's lovely to see how the children love them, they are good company, and they are helping out, which is handy when your family has just increased by half as many again. At the moment they are in the Blue Mountains for a couple of days, and we have just returned from a long weekend on the Hawkesbury with them.



Anna and Daddy in charge of driving



George and Grandad in charge of the navigation

In contrast to our previous adventure on the high seas, our vessel was less of a boat and more of a Winnebago, which just happened to be seaworthy. It was enormous and housed 2 double bedrooms with windows and proper mattresses, a proper bathroom with a good shower, a decent kitchen and a huge upper deck with sun loungers and a gas barbeque. I've never been much of a sailor, but if I had to take to the water, then it would have to be in one of these. It was a very relaxing time, with good weather and plenty of swimming (for those who don't have issues). George spent most of the weekend trolling about in the tinnie, which he loved. Anna was under water for the most part. I read my book and wished I was the sort of person who tanned.



George, Andrew, Grandma and Anna



A beautiful silver bream Andrew caught (we put it back)



Testing the waters



George in charge of the shark spotting vehicle



Grandma in charge of silly hats

Speaking of which....I've been and got a spray tan done today. Before having it done, I pointed out my fairness and asked for a nice 'glow'. Clearly 'glowing' in Australia is not quite the same as we English roses imagine it, as I am now about the colour of an Aboriginal. I'm told it will not be this dark after a shower. It better not be. The children looked at me askance when I picked them up from school. They were probably wondering who I am.

Lots of things to look forward to as well. Tomorrow I am going out in the city for drinks with some girlfriends, on Friday Andrew, Grace, Bob and I are going to the Opera House to see the No 2 Rachmaninoff Piano concerto, and then Saturday morning I am getting the ferry with Maria and Sharon to Ettalong beach for the Annual Year Four Mum's Weekend Away! I shall be exhausted by next week, and I really need to start thinking about packing up for the new house......

Enjoy the photos - I'll catch you later....

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Hey! Wanna see this tan please before it fades. I could do with a laugh lol

Thanks for phoning.

That Hawkesbury River trip looks lovely. I have always wanted to go on holiday in a luxy floating boat like that.

L xxx

Unknown said...

Are you still tanned? Has it gone orange? Update please.

Glad you are enjoying your visitors - could become a bit of a nightmare if everyone decides to have a free holiday! You know how many Jeynes there are......

It does all look lovely though. Hope you enjoy your weekend away - what a great idea.

Brenda and Ricky

Mum said...

As last I think I have managed to get into this comment thing. I enjoyed the lift stor(e)y but it was better hearing it over the phone so that you could laugh about it again. Your hair looked lovely on the Mums weekend.

I can't wait to see and try the gorgeous beaches. Love Mum