G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Chaos....


Not sure whether this post will qualify in the 'only updating with things you might want to know about' category, but it may be cathartic for me, so I'm going ahead....


We are in the fullest swing of getting ready to go - moving out of the house on Friday, to live in the holiday cottage my best friend has on her property, and the house is destroyed. Black sacks everywhere, some for the bin, others for the charity shops and others for friends. It's very sad to see my house in this state, as when we bought it the intention was to make it our last house. We've worked hard at getting it how we wanted it and although we all want to go to Sydney, it's with a heavy heart that we leave. I know we'll have a great house out there, and I'll enjoy getting it straight, but all the same.....There is still so much to do before the removals company arrive on Monday, and at times I'm not at all sure we will be ready.


Naturally then, this is when Andrew has chosen to start jet washing the extensive patio in the garden.....it's not that I don't want it done, but it would have been nice if it had been done when we were living in the house, and not when we are both just about to move out and there are more than a million other more important things to do! Lol. So far it has taken up two evenings, but today I gently (and I thought, with some considerable reserve) suggested that this was something that he could spend evenings doing once the furniture has set off to Sydney....



Friends keep asking me if I am excited....and I have to say that I really don't know. Even with this amount of activity related to emigrating, it all seems a bit surreal to me. I've had a bit of a panic over the weekend about it all, but I seem to have recovered from that........I've decided that I would be virtually psychotic if I wasn't at all worried about it (but on that basis I am very concerned that neither Andrew nor the children seem the least concerned about it all!), but I know it will all be fine, and if it's not - we'll come back. Course, quite what we'll do if some of us are happy and the others aren't, I don't know (and this is what I was panicking about...).


I think that is enough rambling for one evening. I've had a lovely couple of days - a spring ball with lots of our best friends, a day at a wonderful spa with Nugs, and a day sorting through all my clothes and make up etc with Amanda and I just want to enjoy spending time with everyone now.

No comments: