G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Luna Park



George and Anna have been desperate to go to Luna Park for ages, but we just haven't gotten around to it. However, given the disappointment over Jamberoo, I told them we could go and they could both take a friend.



I'm generally not a big fan of theme park type places.....I don't like the rides, so they are a bit pointless for me, but usually, having paid the fee to get in, I feel kind of obliged to risk life and limb and give a few of them a go.

Luna Park is a bit different though. It's a famous Sydney landmark, on the harbourside in the shadow of the bridge. It has been there since 1935 and still retains a good part of that 1930s feel, plus fabulous views of the city and the water.



So off we went, with George's friend Ari, and Anna's friend Olivia with us. It was pleasingly easy to get to, despite being in the city centre, and there was a large underground carpark there which we just drove straight in. I discovered that you don't pay to go in, but can buy various different packages for the rides. This meant I wasn't obliged in anyway, and could settle myself in the middle of the place, sip coffee and write the shopping list. The children went off with their wristbands which gave them access to all the rides as many times as they wanted (for $48 which is about 22 quid, which I didn't think was bad), and I wandered about trying to not be appalled when I occasionally came across one of my children being flung about the atmosphere upside down. It all proved to be a bit too much for Anna, who unfortunately threw up on the Tango Train, and was still not recovered fully on the way home, as we had to pull over and hold her hair out the way then too! Kids eh? Olivia was the most game of them all - insisting on going on rides which can't possibly be fun...



Only Olivia wanted to go on this one....



....and I think this is why! She's right up there at the top, waiting to be dropped like a stone!

Anyway, despite the vomiting (!) everyone had a great time, and I even felt like I would be willing to go back. But perhaps I'll keep Anna off the chips next time....

1 comment:

Lawse x said...

Often pop by to read your blog but haven't commented in a while so thought i'd say a quick hey!

The theme park looks rather fabby!! :) Great fun!!!

I'm in austria at the moment n looking forward to going to a theme park up vienna way in the spring

hope your all well,
lawse!