G'Day!

Welcome to our blog! It's our way both of keeping a record of getting to know our new home, and also of keeping everyone at home in touch with what we are doing.

Love Wendy, Andrew, George and Anna xxx

How to comment!

We like comments! It lets us know that someone is reading this rubbish we are sending out into the ether. Don't be put off by the need to set up a google account - you never need to use it other than to sign in to make a comment (although I have to say that googlemail is rather good!).

And if you already have a google account - why not leave a comment today?

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Catch Up Session...



Grandad, George and Anna



Andrew having a go on the surf ski



Anna and Georgie on the beach this weekend





I did think that after we moved out here, we would have a bit of a quiet time socially, on account of us not knowing anyone. But people here are so very friendly, I'd say we at least as busy on that front as we were at home - hence the lack of blogging just lately.

So much has gone on in the interim that I barely know where to start!

Grace and Bob came back from Melbourne having had a wonderful time driving down the coast, looking at the fantastic scenery and leaving clothes in motels all over the country (only joking Bob!). Did I say the previous weekend was hot, and we had friends Julie and Simon with their children Freddie, Tess and Finlay over for a BBQ?? I don't think I did.....Julie and Simon are English but have spent the last 7 years living in Bangkok, arriving in Sydney around the same time as us. Currently they are living in the house we are about to move into in Mona Vale (more on that later!) and that is how we met. I'm trying to think of what else we did that weekend but it seems like such a long time ago now!

So back to this weekend! It was Grace and Bob's last few days with us, and we packed it all in. I picked them up from the airport and then took them to Balmoral beach for lunch. We were amused by a very cheeky bird who came into the cafe and was pecking at the cakes on the counter. Don't think the staff saw him, but I bet he will be back!

That evening we had supper at Julie and Simon's, which gave G & B the opportunity to see where we are moving to, and they seemed pleased, although we are all sad to be leaving this place. Living here has seemed somewhat surreal, it's so wonderful - perhaps in the new house I will stop feeling as if I am on holiday all the time. Although I doubt it....

Saturday we took ourselves off to Avalon Christmas markets, bumped into lots of people we knew, and although I intended to buy lots of pressies, I actually only really bought a very large carved giraffe. Yes I know....look - I had a moment, ok?! Its called Humphrey by the way.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm pretty much on top of it now - just a few more gifts to go, and then I'm done. I wanted to get it all done before we move, as I'll have enough on my plate getting the house organised before everyone arrives for the festivities!

What else has been going on?? Well, we spent the day on the beach at Mona Vale on Sunday, where it was hot but with a good sea breeze. I even went in the sea! In the evening we had a lovely meal at Deck 23 overlooking the beach at Dee Why.

And - oh my god! - I forgot to mention the party we went to on Saturday night! It was friend Nadia's 40th birthday party, held in her very glamourous and modern pad with lovely views at Curl Curl. The theme was White and Bling, so there was a lot of tasteless jewellry about (mainly on the men), and a lot of women floating about looking very chic in white. There were ice sculptures of naked women's torsos which had plastic tubing and funnels leading to strategic places from where you could drink a shot of vodka, and many many lobsters and oysters. I felt like perhaps I had stumbled into someone else's life!

Then - this bloke turned up in a purple cloak. Suspecting that it was a stripper, which I always find a bit excruciating, I slipped away to the pool area, from where I could still just about see into the sitting room. But this was not a stripper. Oh no......it was much, much worse! Suddenly the man threw his cloak off and was already stark bollock naked. At first I thought it was just a very bad strip show, but from where I was standing, with no clear view (thank god) of his genitalia, he appeared to be doing something very dodgy indeed. And then I realised. It was the man from Puppetry of the Penis. Now. I know people who have been to see their show at the theatre, and it has been hysterical. But imagine him being feet away from you in the incongruous setting of someone's sitting room. There we all are, at this glamourous party, and there is a bloke at the end of your nose turning his tackle into the Eiffel Tower. Absolutely classic! Certainly a party we will never forget (especially as Andrew ended up in the pool at about 2.30am fully clothed and ruined his mobile phone!). Well done Nadia for organising the 40th party to end all parties!!

Of course this means that I need to put in some serious thought about my own fortieth next year...

Andrew flew off to South Korea on Monday morning, and Grace and Bob went back to the UK, so the children and I have been alone. Andrew has promised me to spend the week practising a few Puppetry of the Penis moves, and will be doing a show for me when he returns. I absolutely promise not to post any photos on here of this memorable event....

PS I went kayaking yesterday at Bayview, which was tremendous fun. But today - oh my God - my arms ache!!

2 comments:

poppet said...

hi all your pics are amazing, showed T.J the kookabaro (sp) he loves it and now wants one...

take care love pops x

Lucy said...

Looks like Andrew will be in charge of Christmas entertainment then.... we can't wait!